
It is the summer of ’95, weather is hot and humid. Big Poppa’s “One more chance” is the hottest song on the radio and I just purchased a bumble bee yellow pager a couple of weeks back. Sitting in the beauty shop back when I actually trusted a beautician was how I spent a Saturday. Discussing my work, men and the latest gossip going on...”Girl yes, he has decided to get this huge Lion with a crown on his arm!" I said, "It must be a Jamaican thing, I guess.” Sheryl (of Jamaican descent) my weavologist went on sewing in another track, “ouch bitch that hurt!” “Beep…beep...beep” went my pager. Looking down I saw a number I did not recognize, 206-535-XXXX*911. Ummmm....911 who the fuck is that? “Girl can I use your phone?” Ring...ring...ring,”Hello?” the female voice said, “Did some one just page a 911 call?” I stated. “Yes I did, who is this?” The woman snapped. Annoyed, I responded “You paged me, shouldn’t you know who I am?” The woman went on to say she had found my number in her boyfriend’s things and was curious who it was. Quick witted I said, “Sounds like not only are you out of line for snooping, but you obviously have trust issues. Don’t involve me or bother me again”...click. I sat back down in the chair Sheryl could tell I was deep in thought. “Do you want to talk about it?” she said. Did I? Could my man be cheating on me or even worse, could he be cheating on someone else...... with me? “No girl, just some chicken head who got the wrong bitch.” Or did she? The screech of the tires made me look to see he had arrived. I got in the sleek black Benz, “Creep by TLC was playing...how ironic. My man kissed me and mentioned how good I looked. “So let me see it” I said. Rohan lifted the arm of his shirt and pulled down the bandage. It was a Lion with green, yellow and red coloring. The lion was wearing a crown with the initials LC in the middle. “What does the LC stand for?” Rohan smiled and moved in for a kiss, “Letitia Chapman” (my maiden name) I blushed.....”Shut up, really?” He laughs, “Yes baby, it is all about you.....always and forever.” We drove off and I never questioned what had happened that day in the salon.
“Letitia, are you listening to me?” I rolled my eyes, “Yes Rohan, I understand I need to go get the oil changed, wash the car and pick up your dry cleaning!” Man, I am glad he is leaving out of town for a week. I hate when he thinks telling me something over and over is going to make a difference. Does he know me at all? I am liable to not do any of those things just out of spite. The airport was packed, only enough time to swoop in, dump him off, and ride like the wind. I loved his car it was mad status where I lived and me and the crew had plans for flossin that whole week. First stop the car wash. I need to get there while all the ballers, dealers, pimps and hot bitches are present. I love to get the attention...beauty+class+a nice whip=Letitia. I see pulling in lots and lots of haters that day. I pulled up to the entrance of the car wash and got out. The attendant asked what I needed done and I explained a full VIP wash inside and out. I climbed over the seat and grabbed my purse. Just then I noticed something. I moved back in and over to the passengers side between the seat and the middle console. I stuck my fingers down in and attempted to get the object of my curiosity. Just a little more I told myself and I got it. “Ma’am, can I get the keys” I faintly heard, “Ma’am?” Gazing at my precious I sat back in the car, slammed the door and pulled out like a bat out of hell. My head starting racing, LC kept circling my thoughts over and over LC...LC...”Letitia Chapman, yes, baby it is all about you always and forever.” Always and forever....Always and fucking forever! All I could see was red. All I felt was humiliation, stupidity and most of all hurt. Slowing down I pulled over to the side of the road. Looking down at it again, what are you going to do? What should you do? Who should you call first? What are you going to say.....Me? This doesn’t happen to me. This has NEVER happened to me! I am beautiful, educated, fun, you could technically say loyal, cheerful and positive. No kids, no drama and ridiculously ambitious. This independent bitch can be with anyone, WHY ME? I looked into the rear view mirror, wiped the tears from my eyes, fixed my hair and reapplied my lip gloss. Breath in, breath out. Suck it up I told myself. With my Exhibit A in the right hand and my pager to the left I jumped out of the car and headed to the pay phone. I put the coin in and scrolled back a couple days to the following number. I dialed, 206-535-XXXX ring....ring...ring....ring....”Hello?” a man’s voice said.....an all too familiar one. Don’t you dare cry, compose yourself Letitia! Voice switched up, reading off the DRIVER’S LICENSE, I choked out, “Can I speak with Lisa Carter” I asked “Yeah sure” I could hear Rohan put down the receiver and call Lisa to the phone.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
My first CHEATER
Posted by ThaGucciGirl at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment